I would suggest starting out in a billing position with room to move into a coding position. Have either CPC even with the "A" is a step in the right direction.
It sounds as if one of your troubles is location but I would also be curious to know if you have experience in the field (medical office/hospital reimbursement). If you don't you should start there. It won't take long before your talents are recognized. If nothing else, try a temp agency. It's a good place to get your feet wet though it may require a few hours of competency testing.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join