Pt taken to OR for repair of Inguinal hernia. Never any mention of prior repair. Doc indentified a prior direct inguinal hernia repair with mesh that seemed to be intact with no herniation through the repair. However he did see an indirect inguinal hernia lateral to the epigastric vessels with sac and preperitoneal contents. This was repaired with mesh. Would this be coded as an initial hernia since first time this particular hernia is being repaired or recurrent since second time hernia repaired in the inguinal area? Two coders with two different answers.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join