Sometimes cases are schedule for anesthesiologist or CRNA then you find out that only topical anesthesia was given by the surgeon and then there is no charge for this adminstration.
On page 52, AMA CPT manual, CPT Surgical Package Definition, "In defining the specific services 'included' in a given CPT sugical code, the following services are always in included in addition to the operations per se: Local infilitration, metacarpal/metatarsal/digital block or topical anesthesia."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join