In my opinion the correct ICD-9 code for Pentacel is V06.8 as it states
V06.8 - Need for prophylactic vaccination and inoculation against other combinations of diseases
While CPT 90698 is combination of Diptheria, Tetanus toxoids , acellular pertusis, Haemophilus influenzae type B & poliovirus vaccine . ( DTaP-Hib-IPV ).
V06.3 would not be the correct ICD-9 code for CPT 90698 because it describes " Need for prophylactic vaccination and inoculation against [ DTaP + polio ]. The description excludes Hib.
Also V03.81 would not be the correct ICD-9 code for CPT 90698 because it describes " Need for prophylactic vaccination and inoculation against Haemophilus influenzae type B. The description excludes [ DTaP + polio ].
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join