The difference between 93224 and 93228 is that 93228 (called an "ECAT") is greater than 24 hours. Your physician would not normally report 93229 "technical support and patient instructions...". 93228 is the physician component only.
I believe in your scenario since the patient is getting the holter connected at the hospital you would only report 93227 (physician review and interpretation) on the date of interpretation.
Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join