I believe they are thinking you should be billing for the partial sternectomy too. There are no bundling issues for the two codes BUT it really all depends on what the OP note says.
If the partial sternectomy was the approach (required to perform the procedure) it may not be billable. Like I said it all depends on what is in the OP note.
Maybe if you posted the OP note (with all personal and identifying information removed) we could help you decide if the code for the sternectomy is appropriate as well
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join