AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Out of town clinics

Default Out of town clinics

AAPC: Back to School
    I work in a urology office and we have satellite clinics in different towns in my area. IF a pt is seen for an office visit at a out of town hospital. Would the place of service be office or outpatient hospital? I am assuming they have an office suite to see these pts there.

Lubbock, TX

We have clinics in a medical office plaza attached to a hospital, and we bill those w/POS 11, but the providers base their practices at that location. We also have a cancer center that is part of the hospital, and when patients are seen there, it's billed with POS 22, since the providers don't really "own" the location. I think it depends on how the practice is set up, but to be honest with you, I'm not familiar enough with the credentialing side of things to know. Hope that's sort of helpful...

Similar Threads

1. ICD-10 Town Hall
    By jimbo1231 in forum ICD-10
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 01:08 PM