AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Radiology

Default Radiology

AAPC: Back to School
    Discussion for C-arm - EPIDURAL INJECTIONS. An epidurography was not performed. Since only the professional component is being billed, I would like additional confirmation 77003-26 is correct (not a "spot film" 72020-26)

was Fluoroscopy utilized? if so then you are correct if you are billing for the surgeon. The facility side will capture the TC component.

Default Radiology

C-Arm (flouro) was used. However, I am billing for the radiologist. There is a office disput between the flouro code 77003 and a plan 1 view spine x ray since the word "guidance" was not present on the radiology report and the Radiologis did not state he was present at the time of the injection. I still say flouro becasue it was flouro not a xray.

If the radiologist was present and did the fluoro then 77003 is right but if the rad is only dictating a report based off a spot film from the c-arm and wasnt present for the procedure then single view code would be correct.

Similar Threads

1. Radiology
    By kemesha in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 01:27 PM
  2. OP Radiology
    By PDecell in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 11:58 AM
  3. Radiology - I have a report for CT hip
    By lisbey in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1