Immunization admin code, depending on the age of pt and how immunization was given -
If the patient was over 8 years old, 90471 for the first vaccine, if it was a shot, or 90473 for the first vaccine, if it was oral or nasal, and each additional vaccine administration would be either 90472 (IM) or 90474 (oral/nasal).
If they were under 8 years old, see codes 90465 - 90468.
Also, you may bill the vaccine substance itself - like influenza, 90658.
Do not bill an office visit in this situation, because no significant/separately identifiable problems were addressed during the encounter.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join