My advice to you is that while you may pursue remote coding, learning inpatient coding cannot be effectively done remotely. This requires lots of hands-on training and years of experience. It's important to note that most inpatient coding positions require several years of qualifying experience. Like many of the other more complicated avenues one can pursue in coding, inpatient is not something learned overnight.
Good luck to you. Consider approaching inpatient academically--perhaps through preparation for the CCS and then obtaining practical experiences; start in a "transitional" position such as outpatient hospital or something similar. They can lead to inpatient coding experience.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join