Global for Hysterectomy TAH

Default Global for Hysterectomy TAH
    Medical Coding Books
    Our patient was admitted on November 1st for a planned TAH. She was stable through out the px and was transferred to recovery on the same day. Our physician made a stop by to see her on the 1st; he also visited her again on the 2nd and then discharged her on the same day because she was doing well.

My code for November 1st is....58150. Do I code anything sort of cpt for the 2nd, or is just included in the global, so no cpt, no charge.

Default 58150 Global
    58150 has a global of 90 days. If normal postop recovery then the hospital visit the following two days are included in the charge for the procedure.

i AGREE WITH KAREN

Default Global Hysterectomy
    Thanks. I think you are right. But should I put a 99024 in for the second day?

You can code 99024 for the post op hospital visit, but it has a zero value so it's just extra keystrokes for the data entry staff. We only code 99024 when a patient comes to the office post operatively.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Similar Threads

1. TAH with a fimbriectomy
    By houmaob1714 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 09:32 AM
  2. vaginal hysterectomy converted to TAH
    By cbeste in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 05:30 AM
  3. Tah/bso
    By carol_west in forum Medical Coding General Discussion