Radiology Coding and Billing

1. Default Radiology Coding and Billing
    Medical Coding Books
    Is there any class or book that can help in bundling procedures and/or modifiers that can be used in the (specialty) Radiology field which would include MRI, MRA, ultrasound and just regular xray.

When you say "bundling" I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

Specific to Radiology I would recommend education from either RBMA (Radiology Business Management Association) or some products from MedLearn. I have only attended one audioconference from MedLearn and that was a yearly CPT update several years ago, so I can't really comment on those education sessions.

If you have specific questions, and they cannot be answered via this forum, perhaps your local carrier or payers can explain their own policies.

Good luck.

3. Default Radiology Coding
    Does the AAPC have plans to offer a speciality exam for radiology? Thanks.

4. Default
    Coding Strategies puts out an exellant book for answers to your radiology questions. I know, I have one and I found myself in that more than the code books.

MedLearn has excellent coding tools. You can go to Medlearn.com to see all of their products.

Thumbs up Radiology experience
    I have experience in coding multiple radiology groups, Interventional radiology, utilizing pretty much every code in the CPT Seven thousand code range. It is kind of hard to answer your question in a sound bite. But if your wondering weather or not bundling is allowed for CPT 70000 code range, the answer is yes. And if you’re wondering if you can utilize modifiers in appendix A with the CPT 70000 code range, the answer is yes.

If you have any particular questions regarding a radiology code from range 70000. Send me a private message.

Neuropathy.
    Last edited by 007CPC; 02-28-2008 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Punctuation

7. Thumbs up here are a few ideas
    You can refer to the CCI edits found on CMS's website. http://www.cms.hhs.gov/NationalCorrectCodInitEd/

Campus Bookstore, Med Mgmt Institute has a radiology speciality book available. http://www.codingbooks.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm/ID/1283

Ingenix has a speciality book available.
    http://www.shopingenix.com

And there is always the Coders Desk Reference

Not sure if this one will help or not but it is for the American College of Radiology. www.acr.org/flash.html

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by FRAN FULLERMAN View Post
    Is there any class or book that can help in bundling procedures and/or modifiers that can be used in the (specialty) Radiology field which would include MRI, MRA, ultrasound and just regular xray.

8. Default radiology
    Quote Originally Posted by neuropathy View Post
    I have experience in coding multiple radiology groups, Interventional radiology, utilizing pretty much every code in the CPT Seven thousand code range. It is kind of hard to answer your question in a sound bite. But if your wondering weather or not bundling is allowed for CPT 70000 code range, the answer is yes. And if you're wondering if you can utilize modifiers in appendix A with the CPT 70000 code range, the answer is yes.

If you have any particular questions regarding a radiology code from range 70000. Send me a private message.

Neuropathy.
    Are you using reduced service modifier when one out of two xrays are taken in a series? Thanks