At my facility we bill out rev code 270 with HCPCS A4649 for medical supplies [such as the Novasure device] and rev code 278 with HCPCS L8966 for implants [such as Adiana birth control]. We are contracted with some of our carriers and it is written into the contract with these HCPCS codes. We also bill out these same codes to our non contracted providers. This does not drop the reimbursment for the main procedure code. Hope this helps you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join