Tetanus is only covered when related to an injury
Tetanus and Tetanus/Diphtheria Toxoids (90702, 90703, 90714, and 90718)
When filing claims for 90702, 90703, 90714, or 90718, the primary diagnosis should be one of the ICD-9 "V" codes indicating the need for prophylactic vaccination against bacterial diseases or combinations of diseases (V03.7 Tetanus toxoid alone or V06.5 tetanus-diphtheria) plus an injury related ICD-9 code as the secondary diagnosis. Tetanus or tetanus-diphtheria (Td) toxoids adsorbed are only covered when directly related to the treatment of an injury/wound. For further instructions, please visit the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services website to view the Internet Only Manuals (IOM) – Medicare Benefit Policy Manual (Pub 100-2, Chapter 15, Section 220.127.116.11 - Immunizations
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join