Gerenally all those drugs which can damage the liver (HEPATOTOXIC) and those which can elevate the Liver Enzymes , when prescribed to the patients, some before prescribing (eg Alzeimers medications) and some during medications, need the Liver function tests ( Hepatic panel) to be done.
Huge variety of drugs fall into this category. If you mention the names , most probably we can give you the answer.
Alzheimers Medication, Statinor symvastin (anti-cholestrol) Amiodardone(antiarryhtmatics), AntiSeizure medications, ptrolonged use of tetracycline especially in high doses or given intravenously, NSAIDS(such as Ibubrufen, diclofenac, Isoniazid, nitrofurantoin, trimethoprim, hydralazine and quinidine may also cause elevations in the liver enzymes. Captopril, lisinopril, erythromycin, sulfonylureas, such as glyburide and glipizide, and sulfonamides, such as sulfadiazine and sulfamethoxazole,
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/30...#ixzz18W73wM9N
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join