If your admit is on a diff. day then, you can bill the consult. & the Admit Depending on ins. you would bill your consult code.& admit code.If the admit is on the same day as your consult then you only bill the admit. YOU CANNOT BILL BOTH. See page 8 of the 2011 cpt-coding expert under Initial Hospital Care about the 3rd paragraph on the right it states: When pt is admitted to hosp in the course of an encounter in another site of serv.(ED;observation; nursing facility etc.) all evaluation and management serv. provided in conjunction w/that admission are considered to be part of the initial hospital care when performed on the same day.... Hope this helps.:-)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join