Per 1CD-9-CM Official guidelines for coding & Reporting
B general coding guidelines 10 .Acute & chronic conditions:
“If the same condition is described as both acute & chronic and separate sub-entries exist in the alphabetic index at the same indentation level, code both & sequence the acute code first.”
I’d code: 338.19; 789.00; 339.29
Note:If Physician gives a dx co-relating current "acute pain", assign the dx & omit 338.19 as it is integral (except in pain management scenarios) with added 789.00+339.29 reflecting chronic condition.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join