I found the following info on aapc website:
Vaccines and their administration
CPT 2005 includes new codes (90465-90468) for immunization administration for patients under 8 years of age when the physician counsels the patient or the patient's family. You should report these codes only when the patient is under 8 years of age and the physician provides face-to-face counseling during the administration of a vaccine. Otherwise, you should report vaccine administration using the current administration codes, 90471-90474.
Further, I found a very interesting article put out by "American Academy of Pediatrics" that speaks about imm admin codes, including those you reference in your post. Below is the link:
Hope this helps you & Good Luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join