MLN Matters Articles MM7012 and CR TRansmittal R739OTN
PT Modifier information found on page 14. I interpreted to mean that any colonoscopy, flex sig, etc that starts out as a screening (EX: G0121, G0105) but turns into a procedure (EX: 45385, 45384) should be coded with the CPT code with modifier PT to show that it started out as screening. In this scenario the patient's deductible will still be waived, but coins may now apply.
Hope this helps!
Anna Barnes, CPC, CEMC, CGSCS
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join