First I would query the doctor for specifics on the brain injury late effects, we need to know what that is, then code that first instead of the V15.52 with the 905.0 code second.. The the seizure disorder, 345.90 is it part of the brain injury? I would then use either the 908.9 or 905.5 for the other late effects, for #4 use a chronic pain code 338.21 as well as the 724.4, #5 719.44, and 781.2
Sequela from Brain Injury
Since you only get 8 dx per claim you will need to drop 2 , probably the 305.1, and if the seizure disorder is the brain injury late effect I would drop the 905.0 since you have it covered with the 905.5. Should be all good then. Please check my codes first but that is how I would code this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join