My opinion, based on the information given I would have a hard time giving him the 99215. I would need a little bit more documentation as to what was discussed that took 40 mintutes to do so. Was it all face to face with the patient? What was the total time of the visit? In order to bill based on time, the time spent on counseling must be more than 50% of the allotted time for the visit.
Here is a Website that has helped me alot
Hope this Helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join