From the Medicare Claims Processing Manual
B. Physician Certification and Recertification of Home Health Plans of Care
Effective January 1, 2001, two new HCPCS codes for the certification (HCPCS code G0180) and recertification (HCPCS code G0179) and development of plans of care for Medicare-covered home health services were created. These two new HCPCS codes are available only to physicians who are permitted to certify that home health services are required by a patient in accordance with to Â§1814(a)(2)(C) and Â§1835(a)(2)(A) of the Act.
The home health agency certification code (HCPCS code G0180) can be billed only when the patient has not received Medicare-covered home health services for at least 60 days. . The home health agency recertification code (HCPCS code G0179) is used after a patient received services for at least 60 days (or one certification period) when the physician signs the certification after the initial certification period. HCPCS code G0179 will be reported only once every 60 days, except in the rare situation when the patient starts a new episode before 60 days elapses and requires a new plan of care to start a new episode.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join