Having no documentation as to what type of anesthesia given and if you cannot query with the physician, you can consider on this line, though. Usually, in practice for colonoscopy and proctosigmoidoscopy , it is done under moderate conscious sedation . Could fix with the appropriate one which meets the criteria for the code.
IF G.A provided then I feel it suites 00902.
While considering on such , better verify with the doctor the anesthesia actually provided
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join