I think 31256 can include polyp removal with the antrostomy - the notes in the CPT between 31256 and 31267 provide some clues that the code descriptors are missing (even though they don't exactly apply to the procedure in question). They're both instructions on coding endoscopic ethmoidectomy, with antrostomy, with or without removal of polyps, but one specifies that removal of antral mucosal disease is also performed. The code with instruction to report 31256 (with 31255 for the irrelevant portion of the procedure) includes only the antrostomy, with or without polyp removal. I think that if no antral mucosal disease is excised, 31267 is not the correct code, based on those notes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join