Is your doctor a psychiatrist?? I bill for a psychiatrist who is often referred to NH's for the reason you mentioned and does mostly a psych evaluation w limited ROS and reviews the PCP's records. If it is primarily a psych evaluation and as long as you're using psych dx, 90801 would be the best fit. Most insurances recognize this code including Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans (check your local Medicare LCD for list of covered dx's). When I run into an insurance that does not recognize 90801, I bill a 99253. I live in PA and one of the only insurances that does not accept it is Medicaid.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join