As far as the facility charge? I would suggest that on your assesment tool for facility charges then you assign 0 points to a suture removal or something like that so that you can show why the visit was not charged out. In the facility I helped with this we used a point system that started with 5 points for a lowest visit level therefore anything that was less than 5 points was not billed out due to criteia not met for a level. Without knowing how you assign visit levels for the facility it is hard to advise. As far as the physician charge, it is global and not billable. Also for your physician charge if you send the patient to the PCP for removal then you must append the 54 modifier to the CPT code for the repair.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join