Arthroscopic assisted loose bodieS removal ankle

Default Arthroscopic assisted loose bodieS removal ankle
    Exam Training Packages
    Doctor removed 4 loose bodies, sizes: 10mm, 7mm, 6 mm and 4 mm. Do I code 29894 only once? Where can I read more about this?

I believe you can only code this once per ankle.
    Kathy Daniel, CPC, COSC

I would agree that you can only bill 1 code, the description states two to four 0.5 cm incisions are made into the ankle joint, it is not like the knee(3 compartments); although if your physician feels he did over & above the normal you could add a 22 modifier, if justified.
    jdemar, CPC, CMA

The MUE edits for 29894 limits you to 2 which would mean Left and Right ankle, so once per ankle per op session.

Thanks y'all! That's what I thought, but I was hoping to find more written info to show the doc! (Sometimes that's all they need LOL!)

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2015, 09:31 AM
  2. Loose bodies removal
    By Robbin109 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
  4. Arthroscopic Loose Body Removal
    By skyesspot in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 1