I will wager an opinion here.
You are correct that effective January 1, 2011, the global period changed for simple laceration repairs from 10 days to 0 days per CMS.
The global period can vary from payer to payer and not all payers follow CMS guidelines. I would recommend consulting with your commerical payers for further guidance on this matter to see what global they assign to simple laceration repairs.
Hope this helps and again this is my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join