The procedure is only screening if the patient does not have any symptoms. Once symptoms are reported, the procedure then becomes diagnostic. Get out your ICD-9 guidelines to show your physician. Chapter 18 Classification of Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Service (Supplemental V01-V89); section d (categories of V codes) item 5 (screening). It's right there and you are correct.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join