I think this can be coded with 36470, since the procedure is performed to occlude the varicose vein using sclerotherapy & also the CPT description states as follows...
The physician injects a sclerosing solution into veins of the leg. The physician inserts a tiny needle through the skin and directly into any single vein (in 36470) or multiple veins of the same leg (in 36471). A solution (hypertonic saline and other solutions) is injected into these veins. The patient stands while the injection is given. The leg is elevated thereafter, and wrapped in an elastic dressing. The solution causes the walls of the veins to become inflamed, collapse, and stick together so the veins close.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join