We use 99051 in our walk-in clinics that stay open after 5 and on weekends, for patients seen during those times. Most insurers deny it (like UHC, for example), but some Blue Cross plans and I *think* some Cigna cover it. (It's about 50/50, really). We're reimbursed between $15 and $20 for it, though, so it's worth billing.
If your clinic is regularly scheduled to be open on Saturday, then 99051 is the code you'd need. This article might explain it better than I do:
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join