Insertion of a new dual or single ICD including lead/leads - 33249
33216/33217 is for the insertion of an additional lead/leads to an existing device.
33240 is used when you change out a device and implant a new one, such as a device that has reached end of life.
Insertion of new bivent pacer - 33208/33225
33207 is for a single device pacer - bivents are dual devices
33212 would be used for just a device change out such as end of life
33224 would be attaching the 3rd lead to a previously placed device
I would recommend the Coding Guide for Heart Rhythm Procedures & Services - www.HRSonline.orgwww
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join