if this is an est pt then all the information for the interview has been gathered I would think. The guidelines say: Psychiatric diagnostic interview exam includes a history, mental status, and a disposition , and may include communication with family or other sources, ordering and medical interp of laboratory or other medical diagnostic studies. If you have been using 90806 and this is a return pt (f/u) and evaluation and mgmt services were provided why wouldn't you use 90807? This is not my speciality - but thought it was interesting and would like to know the answer myself. Will check back to see what comes of this.
Diana Garrison, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join