Remicade is a single dose vial, so you have to bill for the vial used, even though part of it was wasted. The Remicade was run over 25 min, so that makes it a 96365, you would also bill a 96375 for the benadryl IVP. I would add Dx code 995.29 (Unspec. adverse effect of other drug, medicinal and biological substance) as the primary Dx for the Bendadryl. You can also add a 53 mod to the 96365 since the procedure was discontinued. Hope this helps some and good luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join