I agree, it would be a diagnostic VATS code, not the surgical one the physician chose. I would use 32606 because this was a biopsy of the mediastinum, not the lung or pleura.
CPT 38746 is not appropriate because that is for a radical lymphadenectomy. To bill this code, at the very least, all nodes from level 4, 7 and 9 (on the right) or 5,6,7 and 9 (on the left) should be removed.
hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join