As long as you can answer the following 3 questions yes, then you can billed based on time:
1 Does documentation reveal total time?
2. Does documentation describe the content of counseling or coordination of care?
3. Does documentation reveal hat more than 50% of the time was counseling or coordinating care?
Documentation may refer to: prognosis, defferntial diagnois, risks, benefits of treatment, instructions, compliance, risk reduction, etc.
When you use time as the driving factor it doesn't matter what is in the HPI, Exam and MDM.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join