90772 Therapeutic, prophylactic or diagnostic injection (specify substance or drug); subcutaneous or intramuscular
(For administration of vaccines/toxoids, see 90465-90466, 90471-90472)
(Report 90772 for non-antineoplastic hormonal therapy injections)
(Report 96401 for anti-neoplastic nonhormonal injection therapy)
(Report 96402 for anti-neoplastic hormonal injection therapy)
(Physicians do not report 90772 for injections given without direct physician supervision. To report, use 99211. Hospitals may report 90772 when the physician is not present)
(90772 does not include injections for allergen immunotherapy. For allergen immunotherapy injections, see 95115-95117)
FYI - 90472 aned 90474 are subsequent vaccine/toxoid administration codes (90472 is for IM, and 90474 is for oral or nasal admin.). You must bill an initial vaccine/toxoid administration code before you can bill 90472 or 90474, and the initial codes are 90471 (IM) and 90473 (oral/nasal).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join