If this was a facet block this would be a one level block, but according CPT Assistant Sep 04 dennervation is billed per facet joint nerve destruction instead of facet joint level.
L4 medial branch bilateral 64622-50
L5 dorsal ramus bilateral 64623-50
S1 Communicating branch bilateral 64623-50
You could place additional note on the claim stating:
3 Separate Nerves Bilateral
To potentially prevent duplication denial of the third line on claim
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join