To my understanding you can bill VFC to your state medicaid without an administration code. Any other insurance you cannot bill, the patient would be responsible for the VFC price of the immunization but not the administration.
Since VFC is state provided the price you charge for the VFC vaccine itself is in replace of the administration charge and therefore the administration charge is dropped.
Hope this helps!
Cheryl Miles, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join