To code this DX, you must first know that bladder suspension is a surgical procedure performed to lift a sagging or prolapsed bladder into its proper position. It is often performed to relieve the symptoms of stress urinary incontinence.
As far as documentation goes, did the doctor specify if the bladder suspension surgery was recent? Did the doc give any specifics?
I'm unsure as to the specifics but one code that you can look at is 998.9, which is Unspecified complication of procedure not elsewhere classified; Postoperative complication NOS. You may want to get more info from the doctor before choosing any code though. Hope this helps a bit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join