AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fee Schedule Question

Lubbock, TX

Default For clarification...

AAPC: Back to School
    Our base charge amounts are the same across all of our fee schedules - we refer to the fee schedule as the allowed amounts set by our provider contracts, not so much as what we bill to them. Sorry if I caused any confusion!

Default 2011 Fee Schedule

Where do I find a fee schedule for 2011?

I agree with F. Tessa. We have one fee schedule which is based on a multiplier of the Medicare physician fee schedule. Each payer will pay according to the contract. What I have always heard is that it is against the law to charge a Medicare patient more than you would any other payer. That is why we charge everyone the same.

North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by anaid04 View Post
    Where do I find a fee schedule for 2011?
    Medicare? See if this helps...

Addendum B

Default Fee schedules

I am having a similar issue. I have a group practice of the same specialty and one of the providers wants to raise charges for UHC patients. This provider is the only one that wants to do this and he is participating.

I know this is not acceptable but the only way to convince the provider is by showing "credible" documentation. Does anyone know where I can find a written policy on this issue.

I have looked on the CMS website, UHC website and I have asked several colleagues but can't find anything definitive. Please help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12