I have received a question from one of our physicians in regards to these new codes for 2011. The question that I have been asked is:
"If a patient is scheduled for a routine physical (G0438 with dx V70.0) and in the course of that appointment the patient and physician discuss at length problems (ex hypertension, sore throat, etc). Would it be acceptable to bill a rtn visit code (99212-99215) in addtion to the G0438 with a modifier?" If so what kind of documentation would support this- would he need two seperate notes or could he note this also in his physical note? Anyone know the answer or have any suggestions?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join