I help code for a small rural family practice and was approached about Swing Bed Billing. Here is the scenario: My provider was called in to the OP area of a rural hospital and saw a patient who was placed into "Swing Bed" status. From the information I could find this service is available to rural hospitals but is only billable to Medicare part A. I cannot find how my provider can bill this to Medicare Part B, it seems as though she would have to contract with the OP provider for payment and cannot bill to Medicare. I have never had to handle this type of situation and I feel I am in the dark on this one. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated.