If the surgery was performed due to the arthritis and the injection was given for the same issue, yes you are correct you can only bill for the injection & drugs. Make sure you add a modifier 58 on the injection since you are within the global period. If this is Medicare, you can only bill the drugs as Medicare has a different global package definition from CPT which only reimburses for a return to the OR during the global period.
If I misunderstood your post, and the surgery was for a different issue than the arthritis, you can bill for the E&M with a mod 24 and a mod 79 on the injection.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join