What does the physician say in his/her dictation?
If the physician called them back to get further views of a lesion or potential lesion and they stated that as their reason for the call back AND they obtained at least one full standard mammographic view of one breast (like the guide you found details) I would try to bill the CAD as well.
If they deny the CAD send the physician's notes detailing why they felt the need to perform the CAD. If they still deny it then you know they will not pay the two together at all.
This is obviously not my area of expertise but if thet reimbursement guide is current it would be worth a try to see if it truly is payable in s csll back scenario.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join