The way it was explained to me is that you can't use the subsequent hospital codes because the patient was NOT admitted. Your place of service code and CPT would bounce. You would use the 99212 to 99215 series, these codes are for "Office or Other Outpatient Services" and then your POS is 22 Outpatient hospital and they work together. Just FYI, if your physician consults on an observation patient the CPT book states to use 99241-99245. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join