If the pregnancy has ended and there will be no more prenatal visits, then yes, you go back & bill out her prenatal care on a per-visit basis, based on how many visits were done. Include all visits with a "Threatened AB" dx. If she had a total of 1-3 visits, you bill the appropriate E&M level for each DOS. If she had 4-6 visits, you bill a 59425 only (1 line item/1 unit). If she had 7+ visits, you bill out a 59426 only (1 line item/1 unit). With these last 2 codes, you use the date of her last visit as your DOS.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join