AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Letter to remove "A"

Default Letter to remove "A"

AAPC: Back to School

Does anyone have Format for the letter given by their employer, certifying work experience to remove "A" from CPC "A".I didn't submit that at first because, i didn't expect to pass.

I asked my previous employer to write one for me and he wants to know what he should write.

I will appreciate any help.

Smile Letter to remove "A"

My supervisor just typed a letter stating that I had fulfilled 1 year of coding and told what code sets I used, that I was in a clinic and particularly coded for the Ortho docs. It was very simple and they accepted it with no problems.

Milwaukee WI

Default A Sample

Dear AAPC

This is to certify that ____)name____ worked in our office as a ___(title of job held)___, from mm/dd/yy through mm/dd/yy. Her duties included __(duties related to coding)____. The positiion required regular use of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS manuals.

She was professional and concientious. I believe she would be an asset to your organization.

Name of supervisor
    Title of supervisor

Of course the above would be typed out on letterhead of the company/practice for which you worked.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Thanks for the reply. I think that will work.

Default Template

Date _____________________
    Member ID number ____________________________
    ____________________________________ has been employed at __________________________________
    (Member Name) (Company)
    since ______________________ . During this time, ________________________________ has shown an
    (Date) (Member Name)
    extensive knowledge in utilizing and maneuvering through the ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding books;
    which are required on a daily basis.
    Current responsibilities include:
    If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at ___________________________________ .
    (Phone and/or Email)
    Name______________________________________________ ______________
    Title __________________________________________________ ___________
    Company___________________________________________ ______________
    *Please note: this letter must be printed on letterhead and signed in order to be accepted by AAPC.