We've struggled with this as well. I'm in a Pulmonary/Sleep/Critical Care practice. Our Medicare contractor is Trailblazer and they don't except 95806 and we've had to bill with G0398 - G0400. I don't know if that situation applies to you or not?
Our physicians are reading these in the office so we bill with POS 11. The professional component is all we are billing and using mod 26 and POS 11.
Are you using the 26 mod and POS 22?
I would also check how your Medicare contractor wants you to bill professional components. Trailblazer specifies that no matter where the reading was done (home, hotel, hospital, office, etc) that's the POS we have to use. Does your contractor have a policy like that?
I don't know if any of that helped?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join