The 59425 & 59426 are used if you cannot bill a global OB code for whatever reason. Transfer of care would be one of those reasons--the originating OB doc gets to bill out for the portion of care that s/he provided, and you get to bill out for the portion of care your doc provided.
In your situation above, you would bill out the 59425 as one line item, one unit, using the last date seen as the DOS. This one code will garner reimbursement for your 5 visits. You bill for the 59410 separately. The POS on the 59425 will be Office, and the POS on the 59410 will be IP Hosp.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join